Anyone who is interested in officiating boys youth lacrosse games in 2021 please see the following information regarding training and certification.
As it stands today, we WILL be having a youth season. It's anticipated to start the first week of May, so it's time to set the training requirements for new and returning officials. It's important you understand the safety precautions being taken for 2021. We are following all Dane County requirements for athletic gatherings. Badgerland will also provide you with either a whistle-accommodating mask, or an electronic whistle that you will use for games.
We will not be holding an in-person classroom session this year. Instead, we will be utilizing virtual instruction materials provided by US lacrosse and the WILOA/WLF. We will be holding on-field training sessions sometime in mid-late April in preparation for the season.
The requirements for being a boys youth lacrosse official for 2021are:
1) Be at least a sophomore in high school
2) Be an active US Lacrosse member
3) Complete all virtual instruction material and both US lacrosse online exams (100 question boys lacrosse exam and the 25 question boys youth specific exam)
4) Attend an on-field training session
5) Pay the WILOA training/scheduling fees (yet to be determined, but no higher than $45) before May1st.
If you are interested in becoming an official for 2021, you must respond to me ([email protected]
) by March 10th with the following information:
Your name, email (must be your unique email and not used by anyone else with a US lacrosse membership) and US lacrosse number. Returning officials need only send along their interest to officiate.
Please pass along this information to anyone who may be interested in officiating for 2021.
Thanks, and look forward to seeing everyone on the field this season.